openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » > and < signs not interpreted in 6.0.0
Re: > and < signs not interpreted in 6.0.0 [message #2101 is a reply to message #2100] Sat, 13 January 2024 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
In continuation with DW 06.00.00, I created a new array: the first column with three random molecules (DW generated), the second column added with Data -> Add empty columns, where I selected "text" as category. Manually, I added the strings `>2000`, `55.6`, and `20` to the cells as a test property (cf. attached .dwar and `dw_screenphoto_01.png`). The subsequent addition of a third column by Data -> Add Calculated Values used a function of

if(test_property>20, "big", "small")

proceed smoothly. In your case application, do you equally have the automatic assignment of the column type enabled? This is based on the observation the intended computation is going to fail if the second column (still/accidentally) is set to the level of `text` -- regardless if `force categories` is activated, or not. Subsequent adjustment of the second column, then re-run by right-click on the third column and "update formula and recalculate" adjusted the results.

However: I assumed a right-click on the third column and subsequent "Re-Calculate All Columns" would be more helpful for a global update of the array of maybe multiple columns of calculated values. Hélàs no, it replaced the original entries in the second column by the results of my formula, and yielded the "NaN" indicator in the third column (dw_screenphoto_03.png). This observation is less intuitive to me.

Regards,

Norwid

[Updated on: Sat, 13 January 2024 20:19]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Change default structure copy option
Next Topic: Bizarre behavior with macos Sonoma