openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Bypass "Maximum number of open filters reached." message on file open?
Re: Bypass "Maximum number of open filters reached." message on file open? [message #2040 is a reply to message #2038] Thu, 30 November 2023 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Andrew,

intrigued by your report, I revisited the the issue and can replicate your observation of a «critical threshold» of annotated properties DW processes as filter. Starting from a DW generated library of random molecules saved as .dwar, as soon as the 70th column was added DW issued a warning no additional filter could be displayed. At this point, the user can amend the array by additional columns (in the test attached in the .zip archive, I stopped with 79 columns [count includes the column about the molecule's structure]). During these incremental steps beyond the threshold, DW faithfully continues to work -- no additional nagging, still functional export to .dwar, .sdf (v3000), and .txt.

You introduced the idea to skip the automatic/default creation of filters. With the bits and bolts the macro editor provides, I wrote two DW macros attached below. Based on the assumption that criteria in early columns of DW's array might be of later interest for you, one only mutes the filters to be toggled on/off as usual. The second one removes the filters, but retains the columns in DW's array which complements the functionality of the other. As checked (cf. zip archive), neither one of the approaches bypasses DW's warning if there are too many criteria. If deemed necessary, DW issues this note only once per .dwar/.sdf read and you can carry with the work ahead.

With best regards,

Norwid

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: the font size of GUI
Next Topic: manually highlight atom/substructure in structure editor and structrue cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 01:22:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03967 seconds