openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Switch off search for automatic updates (Looking for methods to control automatic updates)
Switch off search for automatic updates [message #805] Fri, 06 March 2020 14:15 Go to previous message
grahamrpugh
Hi,

I am a Systems Administrator in a major University. As with many organisations, applications are deployed to managed clients using a management system - in our case, Jamf Pro. We undertake a process of testing applications before releasing them to end users, to attempt to avoid potential problems with incompatibilities or broken functionality. We also restrict some users from having admin rights. So, where possible, we switch off automatic updates and/or the search for automatic updates.

With this in mind, I'm wondering if there are any methods for controlling the default preferences in the macOS version of DataWarrior? Typically, application preferences are controlled via Configuration Profile, in a file placed in /Library/Preferences and/or ~/Library/Preferences, but I have not found these files after installing DataWarrior.

Thanks in advance

Graham

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mac OSX Catalina
Next Topic: Linux Install 5.2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:42:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08476 seconds