openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » Support for 32-bit Windows discontinued?
Re: Support for 32-bit Windows discontinued? [message #454 is a reply to message #445] Fri, 25 January 2019 20:57 Go to previous message
Andrew0
Thomas,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I downloaded the Linux version, and I was able to hack together the launcher script into a Windows .bat file that functions properly. In case any of the other 4 users still on 32-bit Windows would like to use DataWarrior 5, here's the .bat file. In this example, the Linux files were unzipped to USERNAME's desktop.

launchDataWarrior.bat
:: Modify path to datawarrior files here
SET DWJAR=C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\datawarrior_linux\datawarrior

:: increase or decrease -Xms and -Xmx options as needed
:: insert "-Ddpifactor=1.5" (without quotes) after -X options to increase UI elements by 50% for HiDPI monitors

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -splash:%DWJAR%\loading.png -cp %DWJAR%\datawarrior.jar;%DWJAR%\opsin.jar;%DWJAR%\jumbo.jar;%DWJAR%\jniinchi.jar;%DWJAR%\jep.jar;%DWJAR%\javaxVecmath.jar;%DWJAR%\ojdbc14.jar;%DWJAR%\mysql-connector.jar;%DWJAR%\WMF2Viewer.jar;%DWJAR%\batik-all.jar;%DWJAR%\xml-apis-ext.jar;%DWJAR%\commons-math-2.2.jar;%DWJAR%\substance.jar;%DWJAR%\substancelaf.jar com.actelion.research.datawarrior.DataWarriorLinux

PAUSE

Thanks again for your suggestion - I didn't think about utilizing the JAR files directly in Windows, but it makes sense that it should work (with the caveats you mentioned). I will use this workaround while I petition my bosses for a new computer.

Andrew

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DataWarrior.exe has stopped working
Next Topic: Downloading Datawarrior - Dropbox issue ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:09:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03430 seconds