openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » feature suggest: array cleaning by delete button
feature suggest: array cleaning by delete button [message #2024] Fri, 27 October 2023 12:33 Go to previous message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Thomas,

I would like to suggest an extension to edit the structure array (presented after the generation of an evolutionary library); to delete selected entries by single press of the delete key.

While browsing an EL (attached), I noticed a few entries either with a `&1` as place holder for (R)/(S) on stereochemical centres, or «crossed double bonds» to indicate an unassigned/flexible (E)/(Z) configuration. For small test down the road, my intent was to select these records (left mouse click) -- eventually multiple (left mouse click while holding the Ctrl key) -- and to remove them.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=774&private=0

At present, this is possible by the subsequent Data -> Delete Rows [sic!] -> Selected Rows. This approach works to remove only the selected entries (thankfully: only the ones identified, and not the whole row of the entries). My suggestion is to offer a remove of the entries already marked by single press of the delete button as a shorter one.

The pulldown menu available for the array (right mouse button click on a cell) includes an entry «edit», but no delete. If the suggested functionality were provided here, it would again request a journey of three mouse clicks instead of a single key action. To change to the tab «table», to select whole rows then deleted is possible though this display does not offer as much a synopsis of the structures in question as does the tab «structures».

The observation refers to DW for Linux in version 05.06.00 by September 22nd.

Regards,

Norwid

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: non-toxic Build Evolutionary Library
Next Topic: FlyingObjects.dwar's picture and description fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 20:58:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04042 seconds