openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » User unable to open Datawarrior 4.4.4 (User gets no response from Datawarrior when trying to open the application)
User unable to open Datawarrior 4.4.4 [message #234] Thu, 02 March 2017 23:24 Go to next message
mindhira is currently offline  mindhira
Hi,
I have a user who recently installed Datawarrior version 4.4.4. He was able to open the program a couple of times, but since last week, every time he tries to open the application, there is no response. He doesn't get an error and the program is not detected as running in the background. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but this did not resolve the issue. He has since reverted back to version 4.4.03 which works fine for him but he would like to upgrade when possible. He has Java 32bit, version 8 build 91 and is using the 32bit version of Datawarrior. His computer is a 64bit running on Windows 7. Do you have any ideas on how we can resolve this issue?
Thank you,
Sheryl
Re: User unable to open Datawarrior 4.4.4 [message #236 is a reply to message #234] Sat, 04 March 2017 17:21 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Sheryl,

it is not easy to tell. He could launch DataWarrior from the command line. If you get an exception, that might tell you why. One potential reason may be a very tight memory situation. On Windows Java does not launch programs, if there is less physical memory than defined in the -Xmx parameter, which I have set to 1.2 GB for 32-bit Windows. This is one of the reasons to better use Linux or MacOS. Because on these platforms you can set the maximum memory for DataWarrior yourself and are much more flexible.

I just release version 4.5.1. You may check, whether that solves the issue, but if memory is the problem, then You may try to check how much physical memory is available after rebooting and then just try to launch DataWarrior.

Hope this helps, Thomas
Previous Topic: V3000 export issue with long lines?
Next Topic: User detected Malware on Datawarrior.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:20:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08004 seconds