openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Column Filtering (Column Filtering By RegEx)
Column Filtering [message #1156] Fri, 04 December 2020 10:03 Go to next message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
The little spyglass at the top right of the table is useful for filtering on Column Names, but I would really like it to support RegEx, so you can filter for a set of columns with different names.
In its current implementation it is quite limited.
For example, how would I quickly filter the table, if I want the column names Molecule and Activity displayed. This would need to be done via RegEx.
Of course it can be done by Hiding Columns etc, but I may only want to do this briefly and this could be time consuming if the table is very large in terms of columns, so the spyglass option would be useful if it supported RegEx.

Simon.
Re: Column Filtering [message #1163 is a reply to message #1156] Fri, 04 December 2020 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I changed the way, the spy glass field works: if the input includes ',' separating multiple column name fragments, then a column names matches, if any of the input fragments match. Input still is case-sensitive.

If the input starts with "regex:", then the following is interpreted as regular expression.

Thomas
Re: Column Filtering [message #1170 is a reply to message #1163] Mon, 07 December 2020 18:28 Go to previous message
richards99 is currently offline  richards99
Thank you Thomas.

Simon.
Previous Topic: Option to Display Table Only
Next Topic: hypothesis testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:33:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08341 seconds