openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Problem running in Windows after windows update
Problem running in Windows after windows update [message #1131] Mon, 23 November 2020 16:00 Go to next message
BenPerry is currently offline  BenPerry
Hi,
Been using DW couple times a week for years. Went to open it up this am for first time since last week, and it just won't start... either via directly opening sdf file or via shortcut. Unistalled / reinstalled, still nothing. Only thing I can think is that windows updated end of last week:

Any ideas?
B
Re: Problem running in Windows after windows update [message #1134 is a reply to message #1131] Tue, 24 November 2020 20:45 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
my first thought would be some kind of securiry software, for instance a product called Sentinel, which may prevent DataWarrior to launch. In this case the solution would be to white-list DataWarrior.

Otherwise, I would try to open a comand windows, cd to 'c:\\Program Files\DataWarrior' and type datawarrior.exe followed by Enter. Do you see any error messages? If you see nothing, then this would again be an indication for a security or anti-virus software with a false positiv.

Maybe the original DataWarrior.exe was damaged for some reason. You may try to replace the DataWarrior.exe with the newest development version downloadable from openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521win.zip. Unpack the zip, put all files into the installation folder mentioned above, where they replace earlier version. Then try again.

Good luck, Thomas
Previous Topic: problem in running DataWarrior on MacBook Pro
Next Topic: Rearranging Columns BUG
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:34:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07996 seconds