openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » File getting chaged (Error after saving)
File getting chaged [message #1012] Mon, 27 July 2020 12:20 Go to next message
sansun is currently offline  sansun
I saved a dwar file after downloading data from Chembl and several manipulations (property calculations, plots, PCA, etc). It looked like image on the left with structure column and several other columns. However, when I reopened the file after sometime it looked like the right side image with only one column with some text and not a single structure. This happened now second time with me with this version 5.2.1, never happened with earlier version.

I am using Windows 10.

Is it possible to revert the changes?

index.php?t=getfile&id=249&private=0
  • Attachment: Picture2.png
    (Size: 323.65KB, Downloaded 414 times)
Re: File getting chaged [message #1014 is a reply to message #1012] Mon, 27 July 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
dwar-Files are text files, which can be opened with any text editor. Probably, you can repair the issue easily.
To me it seems that there is a new-line character (ASC 10 or 13 or both) at the end of some column property,
where it doesn't belong. For some reason DataWarrior thinks that the next line, which just contains the '">'
is the start of the data table. I need to figure out what caused the issue and how to prevent it.

Would it be possible to send me the file (at my e-mail in the about page) or at least the first part of the file
until and including the line: </column properties> ? With that I might find out what happened or at least
catch similar issues, when opening similar dwar files.

Thanks in advance, Thomas
Re: File getting chaged [message #1015 is a reply to message #1014] Tue, 28 July 2020 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sansun is currently offline  sansun
Sure, I'll send you the file.
Re: File getting chaged [message #1016 is a reply to message #1015] Wed, 29 July 2020 09:56 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Thanks for sending the file. The issue was indeed caused by a NL character (ASC 10) in a formula,
which DataWarrior stores in the column properties section for later re-calculation.

This issue is fixed in the current downloadable development version.
Previous Topic: Dropbox dead links
Next Topic: Unable to resize row
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:40:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06937 seconds