openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Neighbor_Tree_plot (How to make a neighnor tree plot)
Neighbor_Tree_plot [message #849] Sun, 12 April 2020 17:16 Go to next message
khom
Hello,
I was looking at a similarity analysis and closed the neighbor tree plot that pairs with the similarity chart. I tried new 2D --> chose 'unassigned' for X and Y axes, and 'scattered plot', but don't know how to connect the similarity chart to this new plot, let alone turning it into a tree plot. Does 'use view as explicit filter' come into play here? Please help. Thank you.
Kellie
Re: Neighbor_Tree_plot [message #856 is a reply to message #849] Tue, 14 April 2020 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
You can recreate the 'Neighbour Tree' view manually with these steps:
- create a new 2D-View
- right mouse click in the view -> 'Set Connection Lines...'
- Group & Connect by 'Neighbour'
- Set 'Detail Tree Mode' to 'Radial Graph'
- Uncheck 'Show all markers if no tree root is chosen' and click OK

The tricky issue here is that the 'Neighbor' column has a column property defined that links it back to the 'Row-ID' column. This way the table can be interpreted as graph with rows being connected to other rows (Neighbor column values refer to Row-ID rows). Whenever such a column is chosen as 'Group & Connect' column, then the detail tree mode is enabled that allows to show a graph taking the reference row as root (reference row is the one with the red frame after being clicked at).

I almost forgot one thing: Per default the new view will hide all rows in other views, which are not part of the graph shown here. To switch off this behaviour: right mouse click -> Set Graphical View options, then select the 'Row Hiding' tab and unckeck the option 'Hide invisible rows in other views'.

Hope, I could explain it, Thomas

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2020 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Neighbor_Tree_plot [message #861 is a reply to message #856] Fri, 17 April 2020 18:36 Go to previous message
khom
Thank you! Followed your instructions and it works (of course). Kellie
Previous Topic: Hiding Selected or Unselected Rows
Next Topic: Merging files error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:20:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08307 seconds