openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Links to documents for each cell
Links to documents for each cell [message #840] Tue, 07 April 2020 17:21 Go to next message
slegare is currently offline  slegare
Dear DataWarrior community,

We want to build a dataset in which the values in every cell potentially come from a whole bunch of experiments. So we need to create a separate hyperlink for each value. When clicked, these should open a separate document (typically a Word or Excel file) with the correct program. We would basically want to use it like the "Link" functionality of Excel.

I looked at post Hyperlinks and tried to edit the dwar file with a text editor, but I am still unable to do so. I was only able to get webpages to open with the browser. Also, it seems like hyperlinks are tied to a whole row rather than a specific cell.

Is there a way to create the hyperlinks I described?

Thank you very much,
Sébastien Légaré
Re: Links to documents for each cell [message #847 is a reply to message #840] Sat, 11 April 2020 18:51 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
You may open documents with their default applications instead of web pages in a browser with the proper column property. Still the caveat is that these links are not connected to individual cell values, but to the entire row. For that you need a column containing the file names. In the column properties section you define for that column an openExternalName value and optionally an openExternalPath value (defines the path where to look for the files). The example illustrates how to add document links into a dwar file (the white space in the column properties are TABs):

<datawarrior-fileinfo>
<version="3.2">
</datawarrior-fileinfo>
<column properties>
<columnName="File-Link">
<columnProperty="openExternalPath /home/thomas/test/">
<columnProperty="openExternalName Explanation-File">
</column properties>
Value File-Link
123; 245 file1.txt; file2.txt

Previous Topic: Re-open 2D/3D-Graphs
Next Topic: Exporting Mean Values to a text file