openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » hide columns, hiding ALL columns with new version (hide columns bug)
hide columns, hiding ALL columns with new version [message #785] Fri, 21 February 2020 18:38 Go to next message
drhilary is currently offline  drhilary
I downloaded the new version of data warrior. This week but have noticed an issue when using it. Often when I try to hide only one column, ALL of my columns become hidden and I can't figure out how to get them back on the table display. Could you please help me?

Thanks,
Hilary
Re: hide columns, hiding ALL columns with new version [message #786 is a reply to message #785] Sat, 22 February 2020 18:05 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Hilary,

thank you for the message. I checked and assume that you accidentially select 'Hide Selected Columns' instead of just hiding one column. Problematic is that when DataWarrior opens a file, then all columns, but no rows are selected automatically. Thus, you don't see a column selection. When now choosing 'Hide selected columns' then all columns disappear. Even worse, as you noticed, there is no popup menu anymore that allows to get them back, because the popup shows only on existing column headers. With you current DataWarrior version, the only option left is to save the file, open it in a text editor, delete at least one line close to its end that starts with "<columnVisibility_", save the file and re-open it with DataWarrior. Then at least one column is visible again and you have access to the column header popup menu.

Of course, this behaviour of DataWarrior is unacceptable and I have created an update that does not hide selected columns, when there is no visible selection. The update also allows to show all columns, when all columns were hidden before. The update can be downloaded as patch file via openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521win.zip (for Windows) or openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521x.zip (for Mac and Linux). The zip contains one file that needs to go into the DataWarrior installation folder, where it replaces an earlier version. Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thomas

[Updated on: Sun, 23 February 2020 19:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: New DataWarrior Error Messages
Next Topic: 3D coordinates lost during "Paste Special>Paste with header row"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:31:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08432 seconds