openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » if there is a method to run datawarrior without X11
if there is a method to run datawarrior without X11 [message #716] Fri, 06 December 2019 07:21 Go to next message
uitb is currently offline  uitb
hello, anyone knows if there is a method to run datawarrior without X11? we need to do some automation workflow on a server, but datawarrior need open a window by X11. I wonder if we could avoid this? Thanks.
Re: if there is a method to run datawarrior without X11 [message #734 is a reply to message #716] Tue, 17 December 2019 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I know you can run it on a server with ssh -X and have the output directed to the client, but whether you can redirect the x11 output to some NULL-device I don't know. The DataWarrior program code has no means to suppress GUI output and generates headless exceptions, if it is run on a headless server JRE without the UI-libraries.
Re: if there is a method to run datawarrior without X11 [message #735 is a reply to message #734] Wed, 18 December 2019 02:54 Go to previous message
uitb is currently offline  uitb
yeah, datawarrior could run on a server, and redirect the GUI output to your local computer by X11. You just need to open a ssh connection with X11 forwarding, then excute export DISPLAY=:0.0 and run datawarrior on the shell. This will open a GUI window on your loacl computer.

Now, we could run datawarrior on a server with a macro to do somethings, but the window is unusefulness. So I hope to find some way to hide the window.

Fortunately, I found some tools like Xvfb (X virtual framebuffer), they could open a virtual display and redirect the GUI output to the virtual display on server.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2019 03:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Moving a row up and down
Next Topic: Hiding Multiple Columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:46:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08214 seconds