openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects
Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects [message #693] Sat, 26 October 2019 21:45 Go to next message
sbembenek18 is currently offline  sbembenek18
1) Is it possible to select a row from DW project and paste it into another DW project?

2) And related: can I select a row in a given DW project and then paste it into a newly created "empty row".

3) And, also related, can I the same with columns. Here's a practical example: In a given DW project, I have a column of smiles and want to convert them to structures. So, I create a new structure column with the intent of paste in the the contents of smiles column

thanks,

Scott
Re: Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects [message #698 is a reply to message #693] Mon, 28 October 2019 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
1) & 2) with the next update you will be able to select any adjacent cells, copy their content and paste that sub-table into any other open DataWarrior window starting at any cell.

3) this way you may also paste SMILES strings into a new and empty column. Afterwards you may use 'Add Structures From Name...', which creates a new structure column.

Thomas
Re: Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects [message #705 is a reply to message #698] Sun, 10 November 2019 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks
Re: Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects [message #1050 is a reply to message #698] Mon, 17 August 2020 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still have not figured out how to past a from one DW project and past into an empty row of another DW project. Every time it simply past my row into a brand new DW project.
Re: Cutting and Pasting Between Two DW Projects [message #1051 is a reply to message #1050] Tue, 18 August 2020 13:54 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Use the table popup menu and not the main menu

Copy:
- Select some cells from the table view
- Mouse click over the table view
- Select 'Copy Selection without Header' from popup menu

Paste:
- mouse click over that table cell that shall receive the top/left clipboard content
- Select 'Paste into Table' from the popup menu

(The Paste part only works with the current development version and next official update)
Previous Topic: Smiles to Structure
Next Topic: bug: 3D coordinate saving causes crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:46:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08226 seconds