openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Category Filters for Structures/Substructures (Category Filters for Structures/Substructures)
Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #442] Mon, 14 January 2019 21:42 Go to next message
tschrader is currently offline  tschrader
Hello,

I noticed that with the new version of DW (5.0.0) that I am now unable to create category filters from columns that contain structures. This is an extremely useful feature for SAR analysis. Can we regain this functionality please?

Thank you
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #446 is a reply to message #442] Wed, 16 January 2019 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I will check this and release a fix quickly, Thomas
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #449 is a reply to message #446] Thu, 17 January 2019 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Until there will be a full new version upgrade, I publish frequent intermediate DataWarrior builds with fixes of known bugs, which can be downloaded from this website. These are just the DataWarrior.exe file for Windows and the datawarrior.jar file for Linux and MacOS. To update, just replace these files. The links to these files are: openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw500win.zip and openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw500x.zip, respectively.

The current files include fixes for this structure-category-filter bug and some other small issues. It also contains a new column filter hiding columns instantly based on column names.

Thomas
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #451 is a reply to message #449] Wed, 23 January 2019 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you so much Thomas. The fix works great. Truly appreicate it 8 Cool
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #458 is a reply to message #451] Mon, 28 January 2019 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alfred is currently offline  alfred
Hi Thomas

thanks for the update. I may have missed something but how does the column filter work? It sounds like a handy tool to show / hide columns with a filter but I don't see it in the New Filter list.

Best
Alfred

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2019 16:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #469 is a reply to message #458] Tue, 12 February 2019 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alfred, the column filter is just a small text field, which opens when clicking the new magnification glass icon in the table view. If you type a few letters into the text field, then all columns disappear, whose column names don't contain the typed letters in that order.

Thomas
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #477 is a reply to message #469] Fri, 15 February 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alfred is currently offline  alfred
Hi Thomas

thank you for your explanation and sorry for my misunderstanding. Actually, would it be possible to create a "real" filter (like the category filters) to show/hide columns? It would be much more friendly than hiding the columns one by one, and help working with large tables. With the new magnifying glass, tou can only keep columns sharing the same name (partly at least).

Alfred
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #481 is a reply to message #449] Tue, 05 March 2019 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

I noticed that some category filters no longer become available after a certain number of categories are reached. Is there a way to remedy this?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Re: Category Filters for Structures/Substructures [message #485 is a reply to message #481] Thu, 07 March 2019 16:39 Go to previous message
Hi Alfred,

1st question: a dialog to show/hide multiple columns at once is on the (very large) list of new features, but not available yet.

2nd question: It seemed to me that a category filter beyond a certain number of categories would not be practical anymore. Thus, there are maximum category counts for different purposes, e.g. to decide whether a category filter still makes sense. These numbers are hard-coded into the program and cannot be changed from outside.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Create new inquery
Next Topic: Flexophores
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:19:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08425 seconds