openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » DataWarrior.exe has stopped working (DataWarrior doesn't start)
DataWarrior.exe has stopped working [message #387] Mon, 24 September 2018 22:30 Go to next message
schmidtkr is currently offline  schmidtkr
Hi,

I installed the version 4.7.2 on Windows 7. The installation finished without any error, but the program doesn't start up. It only gives an error message that DataWarrior.exe has stopped working. I tried installing different Java versions (10 & Cool, but none of these made a difference. I had a similar error message for Java when I tried to install 10.0.2, so I guess it's some Java related issue. Is it possible to get an older version of DataWarrior?

thanks,
Kristin
Re: DataWarrior.exe has stopped working [message #389 is a reply to message #387] Tue, 25 September 2018 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Kristin, DataWarrior 4.7.2 comes with its own JRE and doesn't require nor use any other Java installation. What I can suggest is to try first whether we can find the reason that your current installation doesn't start. For that I suggest that you download a rather recent debug executable and start it from the command line. Hopefully we get enough debug messages to explain what is preventing the application launch. For this you please do these steps:
- download a file from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcphlj1gs17k0fv/DataWarrior64_d_ex t.abc?dl=1
- rename the file to DataWarrior_d.exe and move it into C:\Program Files\DataWarrior\
- Open a command line window, cd to the 'DataWarrior' directory and type:
set TRACE=true
datawarrior_d.exe
- if you get some debug messages, then please send them to me. If not, then we need to investigate further.

If you want to get back to 4.7.1, you may download the installer from this link:
64 bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlqtyhtmhwzl6qe/datawarrior471_64. msi?dl=1
32 bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpzubtt4ifzi7hi/datawarrior471_32. msi?dl=1
4.7.1 and earlier need an independent installation of a Java Runtime with a matching bit size (32 or 64)

Hope this helps and good luck, Thomas
Re: DataWarrior.exe has stopped working [message #390 is a reply to message #389] Tue, 25 September 2018 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
There may be another reason. I just got the information that in one case DataWarrior was prevented from being started by an installed security software called 'SentinelOne'. On the same OS setup without that software, DataWarrior started without a problem.

Thomas
Re: DataWarrior.exe has stopped working [message #444 is a reply to message #390] Wed, 16 January 2019 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mvamos is currently offline  mvamos
I can confirm that DW will not start on my Win7 PC that has SentinelOne installed as its security software. No error messages are given, just won't start.
Re: DataWarrior.exe has stopped working [message #452 is a reply to message #444] Fri, 25 January 2019 03:20 Go to previous message
mvamos is currently offline  mvamos
Notified IT and an exception was made to allow DW to run with SentinelOne, which was the cause for DW failing to launch.
Previous Topic: Windows 10 Issues
Next Topic: Support for 32-bit Windows discontinued?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:48:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08276 seconds