openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Installation Issues » problems about downloading datawarrior for windows
problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #322] Thu, 12 April 2018 02:50 Go to next message
zhangyu is currently offline  zhangyu
can't download datawarrior4.7.2 64-bit for windows
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #325 is a reply to message #322] Mon, 16 April 2018 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
I just downloaded the 64-bit Windows installer and even compared the md5 checksum, which is correct.
If the problem persists, I assume that you have network problems or some kind of a firewall issue...

Thomas
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #327 is a reply to message #325] Wed, 25 April 2018 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gavin is currently offline  Gavin
Hi Thomas,
I have just got a new Windows 10 laptop, and have installed 32-bit DW, however I can't get the program to run. I don't get any error messages but after double-clicking the DW icon nothing happens. Java is up-to-date.
Any suggestions very welcome.
Tahnks,
Gavin.
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #328 is a reply to message #327] Wed, 25 April 2018 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gavin,

what happens, if you type 'java -version' in the command line window?
You should see something like the following, but in your case not include '64-bit':

java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #329 is a reply to message #325] Thu, 26 April 2018 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,
First of all thank you very much for your advice. I have successfully downloaded Datawarrior 4.7.2-64 for Windows. But now I have another problem that I can't run this program.

My computer is Windows 64-bit, JDK 64-bit is properly installed and configured, and it is also displayed in cmd.exe. However, each time I run datawarrior, the following two dialog boxes pop up. I don't know what it means. Do you have any suggestions?

ZhangYu
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #330 is a reply to message #328] Thu, 26 April 2018 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

I get the attached view in command line.

Gavin.
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #332 is a reply to message #329] Thu, 26 April 2018 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear ZhangYu, what it means is, that Java is not installed properly. Thomas
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #333 is a reply to message #330] Thu, 26 April 2018 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gavin,

I cannot open the binary file that you have attached. Can you please copy the message as text from the command line window and just paste it into your reply?

Thanks in advance, Thomas
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #335 is a reply to message #332] Fri, 27 April 2018 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Thomas,

I know what you said, but generally the following situation does not mean that Java has been installed successfully?

Java installation path: C:\Program Files\Java
Datawarrior installation path: C:\Program Files\DataWarrior

Hope to get your help, thank you very much!
  • Attachment: 2.PNG
    (Size: 7.17KB, Downloaded 543 times)
  • Attachment: 1.PNG
    (Size: 100.94KB, Downloaded 507 times)
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #336 is a reply to message #335] Fri, 27 April 2018 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

Command line said:

java version "1.8.0_171"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode, sharing)
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #337 is a reply to message #336] Sat, 28 April 2018 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gavin,

your Java installation seems OK and is 32-bit. DataWarrior is 32-bit as well. Thus, the obvious things are OK. Can you open a command line window, cd to the DataWarrior installation directory in 'Program Files (32bit)' and then try to launch DataWarrior from there by typing 'datawarrior.exe'? Maybe you see an error message that tells us where to continue...

Thomas

Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #338 is a reply to message #336] Mon, 30 April 2018 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear ZhangYu,

unluckily, I could just confirm that the current DataWarrior installation (4.7.2) for Windows is not compatible with the new Java 10 update. Evidently the JRE folder structure changes such that the java binary is not recognized anymore. Macintosh and Linux should not be affected.

We will try to get an update for Windows as quickly as possible. For the time being you may uninstall JRE 10 and use the latest Java 8 instead or just wait for the DataWarrior update.

Sorry for that,

Thomas
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #339 is a reply to message #337] Tue, 01 May 2018 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

I am not familiar with using the command line. Please can you write down some step-by-step instructions for me to follow.

Thanks,
Gavin.
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #341 is a reply to message #338] Wed, 02 May 2018 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much!Datawarrior has been successfully run.

Yours sincerely,
ZhangYu
Re: problems about downloading datawarrior for windows [message #342 is a reply to message #341] Wed, 02 May 2018 11:53 Go to previous message
Thomas,

Not sure how, but DW now seems to be working fine!

Kind regards,
Gavin.
Previous Topic: installation_linux
Next Topic: Windows 10 Issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:54:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08345 seconds