openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view.
Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #825] Mon, 23 March 2020 18:03 Go to next message
timritchie is currently offline  timritchie
Hello,

I've noticed a lot of uncaught exception errors with the new version, particularly when using the structure view. There is no option but to force close DW and reopen it.

Also on occasion, changing the number of horizontal structure count does not work. It is necessary to set the count to 1, and then change it to the desired value.

Regards,

Tim Ritchie.
Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #827 is a reply to message #825] Tue, 24 March 2020 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Hi Tim,

I cannot reproduce this. Possibly, the errors are not related to the view itself, but to the structures displayed. It would be very helpful to get a small file that allows to reproduce the problem.

Best wishes, Thomas
Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #910 is a reply to message #827] Thu, 21 May 2020 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ignjat.filipovic is currently offline  ignjat.filipovic
Hello, Thomas

Currently, I am having this problem too.

When I mouse over certain structures this error message pops up. If it would pop up only once, it (probably) wouldn't be a problem but it pops up every time!

Version of DataWarrior is 5.2.1, and I'm using it on Windows 10.

I have noticed and replicated this problem while mousing over (almost) any structure that contains copper in NCI-open database(You can download it from "NCI database Download Page" for witch I will post link in next post).

I would extract problematic data to make it easier for you to troubleshoot but program prevents me from saving due to this exact error.

Best regards!

Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #911 is a reply to message #910] Thu, 21 May 2020 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ignjat(?Wink,

thank you for the hint. I have downloaded the NCI database and could reproduce the error with version 5.2.1 on Linux. Luckily, this has already been fixed in the current source code. You may download a patch from openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521win.zip. You need to unpack and replace the original files with the files you get from the archive. Linux/Mac users need to download openmolecules.org/datawarrior/dw521x.zip. This version contains fixes and new features, but some are not thoroughly tested or documented. It is updated about weekly and typically the newest patch is better than any one before.

Thomas
Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #912 is a reply to message #911] Thu, 21 May 2020 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ignjat.filipovic is currently offline  ignjat.filipovic
Thank you Thomas for your very quick response!

I have downloaded and replaced files, but the error persists!
It wasn't mentioned but it doesn't matter where you mouse over, it happens in both 2d and 3d plot view too.

https://i.imgur.com/bb5W7Io.png

I am not sure, but at least it feels like it creates less error messages now.
I'll dump here few molecule names from NIC database for witch it interrupts, in case that those might help you:

Thank you once again!
Sincerely, Ignjat F.
Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #976 is a reply to message #912] Mon, 29 June 2020 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhentg is currently offline  zhentg
Hi Ignjat and Thomas,

I've observed similar "uncaught Exception" with DWv5.2.1 on Win10.
The error occurs mostly after I use "Activity Cliff".
Today I updated the DW executable, and it seems the error did not occur so far.

My JRE is 1.8.0_251-b08, 64bit.

Datawarrior is a good tool
Re: Uncaught Exception:/ by zero error when using structure view. [message #994 is a reply to message #976] Thu, 09 July 2020 23:32 Go to previous message
Hi Ignjat,

thank you for being persistent. In addition to the issues already fixed, there were unexpected atoms (e.g. 'R') in the dataset with atoms beyond the limits of the periodic table, which caused the problems. Now these are translated into carbons, which at least solves this issue.

Thomas

[Updated on: Thu, 09 July 2020 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Molecule Displayed Incorrectly
Next Topic: Generate conformers - write to file does nothing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:48:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08608 seconds