openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Working with Form Views (How to create a Form View that can be used across multiple files)
Working with Form Views [message #909] Sat, 16 May 2020 16:37 Go to next message
PaulF is currently offline  PaulF
I am having trouble with Form Views

What I want to do is create a Form View that will display the data I want from a SD file that I open, for example, compound name, structure, logP, various (but not all) biological activity data fields. This I can do with the Form Editor - so far so good. What I now want to do is be able to use this form to read in updated versions of the SD file, for example containing the same fields but with additional compounds.

I don't seem to be able to record the Form View creation as a Macro, nor can I find the functionality I need in the Macro Editor. I guess I could open the dwar file containing the macro, delete all of the rows and import the new SD file using Append File, but this seems messy. Is there an elegant way to do what I want?

Thanks,
Paul
Re: Working with Form Views [message #913 is a reply to message #909] Fri, 22 May 2020 00:19 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
The easiest way would be to open the updated SD-File in DataWarrior. Then from the open window choose "File-Open Template". Select the old dwar file that contains the form view. DataWarrior will then load the form view along with all other view and filter options from the original file and apply them to your new data window.

All these view and filter settings are called template and are stored as part of a dwar file. You may also explicitly export a template from an open DataWarrior window as dedicated dwat file, which also can be imported and applied after opening updated data from a different source.

In principle a macro should also be a possible solution, but you are right that changing the form design is not recorded currently, which is a mistake from my side. I need to fix that.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Suggestion: tautomer-check
Next Topic: suggest: native .pdf export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:19:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08311 seconds