openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Oracle 12c Uppercase Username (Problem connecting to Oracle 12c database with uppercase username)
Oracle 12c Uppercase Username [message #640] Tue, 01 October 2019 21:14 Go to next message
JimLo is currently offline  JimLo
Today i downloaded Datawarrior 5.0.0 and tried to connect to an oracle 12.2 database. Initially I got a ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol error. Google suggested either an oracle server change to Sqlnet.ora adding SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER=8, or updating the ojdbcX.jar file on the client. Since I have DBA access to the server I did the former and the error disappeared.
It was then replaced by a ORA-1017 Invalid Username or Password error. probably caused by my username and password being upper case (Oracle became case-sensitive after v11). This is probably a bug. The only workaround I found was to create a new oracle user with lower case name and password and grant it permissions on the tables of interest.

JimLo
Arxspan
Re: Oracle 12c Uppercase Username [message #699 is a reply to message #640] Mon, 28 October 2019 22:51 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
sorry for the delay. I am not sure, whether I understand correctly: Do you say that when typing user-ID and password containing capital letters into the DataWarrior dialog, that the Oracle database sees lower case letters only, when the login request arrives? If this is the case, then I suspect the JDBC driver to be the culprit.

Thomas
Previous Topic: Exclude function in the structure filter does not work with 2 exclude groups
Next Topic: Difference between "selecting" a row and making a row "current"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:24:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08593 seconds