openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Bug Reports » Some Recent Problems I've encountered (Possible Bugs)
Some Recent Problems I've encountered [message #2143] Tue, 19 March 2024 20:04 Go to next message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
1. Is the search function for the Forums not working? When I click on the search button, I only get a totally blank web page.

2. I have Datawarrior files with data and chemical structures. If I search for column names using the small magnifying glass in the column header row, all the structures reverts to a text string. How can I restore the structures? I need to quit Datawarrior and open the file again to restore the structures

3. Finally, Is there a discussion somewhere on just how to adjust the various windows in the Main View? I usually use the "Table" view and have tabs on the bottom to display the Macro Editor or the Form view. Sometimes the tabs get lost and I can't them back. Quitting Datawarrior and reopening the file restores the tabs. Why do some files open with four views in the Main View?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.15.7 and the most recent version of Datawarrior 6.01.01

Thanks for your help.

Ed Fritzen

Ed Fritzen
Re: Some Recent Problems I've encountered [message #2144 is a reply to message #2143] Tue, 19 March 2024 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Ed,

point 1): instead of the magnifying glass below the forum ribbon, I recommend to search the forum's content by the magnifying glass in the top right corner. Not only that this is working, an input of keywords lead by the plus sign (e.g. `+structure +svg`) allows to search for contributions which contain both keywords in the title, in the body. An adjustment of the logic to Boolean `or` is possible, too -- see the screen photos in the attached zip archive.

point 2): Running Datawarrior in Linux with the update mode enabled, I'm unable to replicate your observation (cf demo screen cast attached). By the splash screen, it equally is version 06.01.01 Would it be possible for you to share a typical .dwar file where this problem occurs?

Point 3): I speculate that in addition to the five vertical/horizontal dots to adjust the width/height of the windows, you touched the little chevrons / greater sign/smaller sign to hide some panes. Could this be a reason why some data seem to disappear your sight?

Norwid

Re: Some Recent Problems I've encountered [message #2146 is a reply to message #2144] Fri, 22 March 2024 16:26 Go to previous message
ELFritzen is currently offline  ELFritzen
Thanks for the reply, Norwid. I see the chevrons now. I also can't reproduce the observation I had. Datawarrior files seem to be working fine now.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed Fritzen
Previous Topic: Problem when opening two .dwar
Next Topic: Error when calculating largest fragment from macro
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:57:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03775 seconds