openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » unable to create new filters (in dwar files I cannot add or create new filters because "uncaught exception:-1" )
unable to create new filters [message #2008] Tue, 12 September 2023 19:02 Go to next message
juliocoll is currently offline  juliocoll
I am adding one "ADV, nM" column to 9 dwar files provided with several [slider] filters.

- Five of 9 files allowed me to include the new filters without problems, but an "uncaught exception:-1" stops now any further filter addition (example LolCE100C8.dwar).

- Three of the 9 refuse the new slider (example workc1100C1.dwar).

- One of the 9 shows the filter list after adding the 4 filters and allows to create new filters (example sglt1-100C13.dwar)

I tried to rebuild the dwar files from initial data, change the column alias, eliminated empty rows and/or changed in every possible way the existing filters (enable, disable, reset,remove) but cannot progress beyond the Edit/New Filter/Uncaught Exception:-1.....

Any ideas to understand and/or solutions to try this issue?
Thanks for your attention
julio

Julio Coll
Profesor de Investigación. Emérito
Dpt.Biotecnología
CSIC-centro Nacional INIA, Madrid, SPAIN
Dr. Biologia Univ.Comp(UCM). Madrid, Spain
PHD. Biology Mass.Inst,Technol (MIT). Massachusetts, USA
orcid: 0000-0001-8496-3493
Re: unable to create new filters [message #2009 is a reply to message #2008] Tue, 12 September 2023 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nbehrnd is currently offline  nbehrnd
Dear Julio,

I'm able to replicate your observation of «uncaught exception:-1» as error message displayed in an instance of Linux Debian 13/trixie with a pristine installation of DW and the most recent update (by 2023-08-10): For me, it occurs each time the mouse glides over the structure array. Perhaps of diagnostic value for Thomas: just after opening the files, there is an other warning/error message which is equal for every one of the three files shared (attached below). Briefly, one can «override» the message «uncaught exception -1» with the escape key; best, if one one hand is nearby this particular key on the keyboard while moving/interacting with the other hand on the mouse. It equally is seen when applying an archived update of June as packaged on 2023-06-08 (YYYY-MM-DD). Perhaps the issue is related to the Java libraries used.

Regarding file workc1100C1.dwar (or -+vkorc1.100C1.dwar, as in the download here): though a bit tricky to be «fast enough» with the ESC boutton, it still is possible to add a new property and a slider. In the example of -+vkorc1100C1_modified.dwar, for example, the computation of H-Acceptors and subsequent use of this property as a filter.

Best regards,

Norwid
Re: unable to create new filters [message #2010 is a reply to message #2009] Wed, 13 September 2023 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juliocoll is currently offline  juliocoll
Thank you Norwid !.

Most surprisingly: Today I cannot find any uncaught exceptions:-1 after opening the same dwar files!!!!! Shocked . Did those problems ocurred because of some transient memories?
I am also using the most recent update (by 2023-08-10), but in windows.
My computer was not shutdown from yesterday. Only the screens were disconected and the dward files closed. After about 12 hours, today I opened the same dwar files again......

In the cases where I already had added the "ADV, nM" sliders, today there were no uncaught exceptions:-1 (!!Wink but I cannot see that "ADV, nM" filter slider at the Edit/Create Filter. However, if I ticked the "Show duplicate filter" at the Edit/Create Filter square downwards, the corresponding sliders appeared now at the filter list (?Wink. Shocked

In the 3 cases where yesterday I could not create the "ADV, nM" sliders because of the "uncaught exception:-1", today I could create them without any apparent problem Smile !!!!!!!!!

It seems weird but for now it solved the problem !
I will keep an eye open for your suggested escape key solution. GOOD IDEA!
Hope some day we could understand better all those behaviours...

All these 9 dward files are part of one comparative DW-BEL study of 9 target/parent pairs ± toxicity risk, using 3 BEL runs per pair and a total of thousands of fitted children. Hope to be completed it soon....

kind regards
julio

Julio Coll
Profesor de Investigación. Emérito
Dpt.Biotecnología
CSIC-centro Nacional INIA, Madrid, SPAIN
Dr. Biologia Univ.Comp(UCM). Madrid, Spain
PHD. Biology Mass.Inst,Technol (MIT). Massachusetts, USA
orcid: 0000-0001-8496-3493
Re: unable to create new filters [message #2012 is a reply to message #2010] Wed, 13 September 2023 18:54 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Julio and Norvid,

many thanks for the bug reports and images of the SortedList addition errors. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce. I can add a slider filter to the 'ADV, nm' column to the vcorc file, add new filters to the LolEC file, hover with the mouse over structures, etc. I played around with various things, but never got an exception. Today I released a dev update, but all major changes are related to automatic program updates. I don't recall any recent source code change that could explain it. Maybe, it is connected to timing and multithreading, which may give different results on different machines. These kind of issues are nasty, but need to be fixed. First I suspected the comma in the column name to play us a trick in some regard.

If the problem persist with the newest update, please let me know. Then I would try on multiple machines under various conditions to reproduce.

Best wishes,

Thomas
Previous Topic: Splitting reactants column
Next Topic: extension of substructure definition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:00:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04333 seconds