openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Tab delimited txt / open special (Functionality not as described)
Tab delimited txt / open special [message #1976] Wed, 02 August 2023 21:01 Go to next message
CEADOG is currently offline  CEADOG
This website describes opening txt files with "open special"

openmolecules.org/help/import.html

Text Files
TAB delimited and comma separated text files ('.txt' and '.csv') are among the most portable file formats ... (etc.) From the File menu, select Open Special and choose Textfile...

My version 5.5.0 does not have that feature (see attachment png screenshot) and I am going on more than 24 hours to open (NOT open special, because I can't) a tab-delimited txt file with 7000 lines in it ... progress now at 235 MB out of 327 MB ... it seems unlikely that it will actually reach 327 MB and then be fine ... should this take ~48 hours or more?

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=747&private=0
Re: Tab delimited txt / open special [message #1978 is a reply to message #1976] Wed, 02 August 2023 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Sorry, 'Open Special' for text files is outdated as you have found yourself. 'Open...' now includes txt,csv, and tsv.

7000 lines should open within a few second, even if they contain SMILES or other information, which needs some more processing. I suggest that you upgrade to the current dev version: On the download page click 'read and understood' and click the link for your OS in the small print to download the newest dev update. Open the zip-file and copy all its content into your datawarrior installation directory.

Most likely this should fix it. If not, then it would be nice, if you could incrementally remove parts of your 7000 line file and check, whether the problem persist. If you can send me a file per e-mail, which doesn't finish loading, I will make sure to fix the issue.
Re: Tab delimited txt / open special [message #2003 is a reply to message #1978] Fri, 08 September 2023 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drobinhold is currently offline  drobinhold
I am running into the same issue as CEADOG. I save a .txt file and then try to open it again right away and I get a new dw window that just sits and loads verrrry slowly. This txt file has 14 rows for 6kb and opens immediately to "900 of 1325mb"
I've tried letting it go for up to 30 min but it never finishes. A couple times, after closing the window I'm left with an error dialog that says "uncaught exception:null" but that hasn't happened today.
This is happening with today's download version in both windows 11 and 10.
Re: Tab delimited txt / open special [message #2004 is a reply to message #2003] Sat, 09 September 2023 21:47 Go to previous message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Can you send me the text file (or a subset of it that has the same effect)? Something in the file seems to crash the loading thread. I need to reproduce the error...
Previous Topic: Category Filter logic
Next Topic: Splitting reactants column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 03:48:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05512 seconds