openmolecules.org

Home » DataWarrior » Functionality » Export Options (Export Data in .csv Format)
icon5.gif  Export Options [message #160] Sat, 12 March 2016 17:36 Go to next message
MedChemProf is currently offline  MedChemProf

Dear DataWarrior Forum,

Is there a way to export the data in the table view to something other than a data warrior, text or sdf format? I simply want to export the information in the table to view it in excel. I do not need the molecular information (if the SMILES is there that is fine). Ideally I would like to export it into a csv file which I can then open in excel.

I am using a Mac with the latest OS X. Thank you in advance for any help.

@MedChemProf Cool
Re: Export Options [message #161 is a reply to message #160] Tue, 15 March 2016 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear MedChemProf,

there are two ways to achieve that. txt-exports are TAB delimited and can be imported into Excel.

However, still easier is to use "Select All" and "Copy" from the "Edit" menu, go to Excel and select "Paste".
DataWarrior uses TAB delimited text as standard clipboard format, which Excel then correctly puts into cells.

Thomas
Re: Export Options [message #162 is a reply to message #161] Sun, 20 March 2016 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks, but neither suggestion seems to work for me. The text export seems to be broken and only saves a blank .txt file or makes Datawarrior freeze. When I try and copy and paste into excel, I get the error - 'java.lang.NullPointerException'.

I am running MacOSX 10.11.3 El Capitan (iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2011; 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3) using Java 8 Update 73 Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_73.

Thanks, Chase
Re: Export Options [message #163 is a reply to message #162] Wed, 23 March 2016 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas is currently offline  thomas
Dear Chase,

I am also using El Capitan on one machine with JRE 1.8.0_66 and don't see any issues.

If your file does not contain confidential information, you may send it to my mail address
shown on the openmolecule.org -> about page. Provided that this is caused by a bug, I will
then make sure that the next version won't have the problem.

Sorry for that, Thomas
Re: Export Options [message #164 is a reply to message #163] Sat, 26 March 2016 13:55 Go to previous message

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your help. I created a smaller, new list of compounds and I encountered the same issues. I will send the new file to the email address that you indicated.

Thanks again, Chase
Previous Topic: dwaq file format
Next Topic: is there a limit in rows to open from file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:19:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08386 seconds